Want to bring down your blood pressure levels quickly and naturally? Consider booking an online ayurvedic consultation with an experienced practitioner!
If you are a hypertension patient or have the symptoms of high blood pressure, you should immediately take measures to bring it down.
That’s mainly because blood pressure is a lifestyle disease, commonly referred to as a “silent killer” that needs to be managed effectively at the right stage. In case it’s too late to detect the disease and start treating it, you may need to face severe health problems.
In this fast-paced life, hypertension or high blood pressure is a common health condition, found in both men and women.
Blood pressure is generally considered high with a reading above 120/80 mm of Hg. At this stage, the heart and vessels undergo higher pressure than they are ideally designed to manage.
Some common symptoms of high blood pressure include chest pain, severe headaches, fatigue, difficulty breathing, nose bleeding, vision problems, irregular heartbeat, and blood in the urine.
Although a wide range of allopathy medicines are available in the market to lower blood pressure levels, nothing can beat the power of Ayurveda and its treatments! The recent spotlight on natural products and herbal remedies has, even more, increased the popularity of Ayurveda.
So, do you want to know how Ayurveda can help you lower your blood pressure? Read this blog till the end as here we have covered a few ayurvedic herbs and simple remedies to stabilize blood pressure levels.
Useful Ayurvedic Herbs For Lowering BP
- Jatamanasi: Loaded with anti-oxidants, this ayurvedic herb is usually available in powdered form. If consumed in the right proportion, this herb can save the arteries from free radical damage as well as control the build-up of plaque in the blood vessels.
- Amla: A common ingredient used in countless Indian foods and candies, this ayurvedic herb can keep blood pressure in check and improve heart health. The effective ways to consume Amla or Indian gooseberry are to consume it raw in the morning with black salt or take it in juice form, mixed with a tablespoon of honey.
- Ashwagandha: The biggest causes of high blood pressure are stress and anxiety. Thus, keeping stress in control helps in stabilizing blood pressure easily. A widely popular herb for reducing and managing body weight, Ashwagandha also helps the body cope with stress and anxiety. It is a rich source of adaptogens that boosts immunity and keeps the mind calm.
- Arjuna: Although there is a specific ayurvedic treatment for BP (blood pressure), simply consuming the powdered form of the bark of the Arjuna tree can also help in controlling hypertension. If this ayurvedic herb is consumed with water daily, it can reduce the accumulation of plaque in the blood vessels, ultimately resulting in reduced pressure on the heart.
- Triphala: If you are interested in herbal remedies or natural medicinal ingredients, you must have come across the substantial benefits of Triphala. This ayurvedic herb possesses some excellent anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing cholesterol and plaque accumulation in the veins and the arteries. Consuming powdered form of Triphala every morning can reduce the strain on the blood vessels, helping in maintaining normal BP levels.
How to Stabilize BP with the help of Ayurveda?
In this modern age of medical care that includes specialties and super-specialties facilities, Ayurveda has a unique approach to treatments and cures.
As per ayurvedic principles, disease or illness is the byproduct of an imbalance in the bodily constituents or doshas named Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Ayurveda does not consider hypertension a disease; rather it considers high blood pressure an entity that is affected by morbid Dosha.
Since Ayurveda emphasizes prevention and promotion of health than prescribing pills for instant relief, an ayurvedic treatment for BP (blood pressure) includes non-pharmacological methods such as correction of lifestyle, diet, exercise, meditation, etc. That said, here are some quick ayurvedic remedies for managing high blood pressure levels:
Honey Water: Consuming a glass of lukewarm water mixed with a tablespoon of honey can provide amazing health benefits. It works wonders in relaxing the walls of blood vessels and stabilizing blood pressure levels.
Raw Garlic: Consuming a clove of raw garlic empty stomach in the morning on a regular basis can effectively reduce cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Garlic is a natural blood thinner and thus, it helps in stabilizing hypertension.
Peach Juice: Consuming a cup of freshly squeezed peach juice mixed with a teaspoon of coriander and a pinch of cardamom powder two or three times a day can lower blood pressure to considerable levels.
These are not the only ayurvedic remedies to stabilize high blood pressure levels, there are many more!
Hope this article helped you learn how natural remedies can be used as an ayurvedic treatment for BP (blood pressure).
If you are already convinced, consider booking an online ayurvedic consultation with an experienced practitioner nearby!